Create an account

Benson Honey Farms

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I, Robot - MERGED - Updated 2022

Quote: :ty:

We're getting a nice list of robots for people to peruse.

:heartbeat:

Check out the latest at Amazon:

Warehouse Robots

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Orchard owners look to robots as labor shortage worsens

Harvest has been mechanized for large portions of the agriculture industry such as wheat, corn, green beans and tomatoes for some time. But for more fragile commodities like apples, berries, table grapes and lettuce where the crop's appearance is especially important harvest is still done by hand.

The work is hard and dangerous, and has long drawn Mexican workers to central Washington, where several counties near the Canadian border are now majority-Hispanic. Experienced pickers, who are paid by the bin, can make more than $200 a day.

The eventual loss of jobs for humans will be huge, said Erik Nicholson of Seattle, an official with the United Farm Workers union. He estimated half of the state's farmworkers are immigrants who are in the country illegally.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/robot-picks-a...38504.html

[Image: article-0-15332ABB000005DC-701_634x454.jpg]

Meet Wall-Ye: The French grape-picking robot which can work day and night - and may well put vineyard workers out of a job

For a new vineyard worker is around, who has four wheels, two arms and six cameras, prunes 600 vines per day, and never calls in sick.

The Wall-Ye V.I.N. robot, brainchild of Burgundy-based inventor Christophe Millot, is one of the robots being developed around the world aimed at vineyards struggling to find the labour they need.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...s-job.html

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

I still can't find an affordable lawnmower. WTF?

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

An Overview of Agricultural Robots

ADVANTAGES:

The Robo does not get sick or tired and does not need time off.

It can operate with closer tolerances (so every round is at full field capacity), Fewer errors and at higher speeds

Because machines can be made lighter and cheaper if the driver's seat, controls and cab can be eliminated.

It can be used in various fields like agriculture, medicine, mining, and space research .

It can be sent to another planet to study their environmental conditions.

The machines could easily work around trees, rocks, ponds and other obstacles.

Small suburban fields could be worked almost as efficiently as large tracts of land.

DISADVANTAGES:

One of the key disadvantages of driverless machines for agriculture is liability.

Access to the technology.

Not currently scale neutral.

Better sensors would help. Improved scouting programs would be essential. Nevertheless, a periodic human presence in the field is likely to be necessary for the near future.

Robots could change the culture /emotional appeal of agriculture.

Energy issues costly.

CONCLUSION:

In agriculture, the opportunities for robot-enhanced productivity are immense and the robots are appearing on farms in various guises and in increasing numbers. The other problems associated with autonomous farm equipment can probably be overcome with technology. This equipment may be in our future, but there are important reasons for thinking that it may not be just replacing the human driver with a computer. It may mean a rethinking of how crop production is done. Crop production may be done better and cheaper with a swarm of small machines than with a few large ones.

http://www.yuvaengineers.com/an-overview...i-chandra/

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Quote:I still can't find an affordable lawnmower. WTF?

Give it time. Remember, it didn't take long for cell phones, PCs, video recorders, etc. to become affordable. They'll punch out the prototypes for maximum profit until cheaper ways of manufacture are implemented.

[Image: Lawnmower-Pulls-Man-Across-Grass.gif]

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Quote:I still can't find an affordable lawnmower. WTF?

What are you going to do with all the time you save when robots rule the world?

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

The world's first robot police officer officially reported for duty at the UAE's flagship Dubai Mall on Tuesday.

The high-tech police officer, unveiled at the GITEX Technology Conference in Dubai in 2015, can recognize the faces of wanted criminals in airports and malls. It also assists shoppers with directions and can contact Dubai police if there’s a problem. The œRobocop also flirts with tourists, saying 'you have really pretty eyes' and asking 'if they grew up around here.'

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Military robot shaves human head

The prototype robot was a Multi-Arm UGV (Unmanned Ground Vehicle) from U.S company Intelligent Automation Inc (IAI) in Maryland and is designed to tackle IEDs, check backpacks for bombs and breach doors.

But on this occasion it was armed with multiple clippers to cut the hair of an IAI volunteer, who went through the ordeal to raise money for cancer charity the St. Baldrick's Foundation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...human.html

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Amazon proposes a ‘virtual safety shroud to protect pets and people from drones

What happens if a child or a dog wanders into range while a drone is dipping down to make a delivery? Amazon has an answer: a virtual safety shroud that the drone creates, potentially based on readings picked up by its propellers.

https://www.geekwire.com/2017/amazon-see...le-drones/

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

This Robot Recruiter Wants to Give You a Job

If you've been following trends over the past few years, then you're well aware that robots want to take over your job. But not all robots have ulterior motives. In fact, there might just be a few who want to give you a job. Thanks to new technologies in artificial intelligence, user experience, and cognitive simulation, San Francisco-based Mya Systems is streamlining the first steps of the hiring process with interviews via robot recruiters. But not the scary kind.

Meet Mya, the Robot Recruiter

http://www.payscale.com/career-news/2017...-you-a-job

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived