Create an account

CBD Distillery Quality Products

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Invented Jesus Christ

Ancient Confession Found: 'We Invented Jesus Christ'

Although to many scholars his theory seems outlandish, and is sure to upset some believers, Atwill regards his evidence as conclusive and is confident its acceptance is only a matter of time. "I present my work with some ambivalence, as I do not want to directly cause Christians any harm," he acknowledges, "but this is important for our culture. Alert citizens need to know the truth about our past so we can understand how and why governments create false histories and false gods. They often do it to obtain a social order that is against the best interests of the common people."

Atwill asserts that Christianity did not really begin as a religion, but a sophisticated government project, a kind of propaganda exercise used to pacify the subjects of the Roman Empire. "Jewish sects in Palestine at the time, who were waiting for a prophesied warrior Messiah, were a constant source of violent insurrection during the first century," he explains. "When the Romans had exhausted conventional means of quashing rebellion, they switched to psychological warfare. They surmised that the way to stop the spread of zealous Jewish missionary activity was to create a competing belief system. That's when the 'peaceful' Messiah story was invented. Instead of inspiring warfare, this Messiah urged turn-the-other-cheek pacifism and encouraged Jews to 'give onto Caesar' and pay their taxes to Rome."

Was Jesus based on a real person from history? "The short answer is no," Atwill insists, "in fact he may be the only fictional character in literature whose entire life story can be traced to other sources. Once those sources are all laid bare, there's simply nothing left."

http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11201273.htm

https://youtu.be/r6UEL08m4O4

https://youtu.be/r6UEL08m4O4

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Perhaps this is true in a sense because of the unrest in the region at the time. Centering the stories out of Rome would give it credence and a modicum of control. Slowing building a legend so that by the time of Constantine total control of a state sanctioned religion is achieved. 

But how does this account for the legend of St. Thomas going to India? Then one has to ask why the Portuguese went to such lengths to destroy their history when they landed in India in the 16th Century? This certainly wasn't propagated by the Romans. 

The Saint Thomas Christians in India from 52 to 1687 AD

http://www.srite.de/index?id=2&cikk=84#(72)b

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Quote: 

<div>Perhaps this is true in a sense because of the unrest in the region at the time. Centering the stories out of Rome would give it credence and a modicum of control. Slowing building a legend so that by the time of Constantine total control of a state sanctioned religion is achieved. 

But how does this account for the legend of St. Thomas going to India? Then one has to ask why the Portuguese went to such lengths to destroy their history when they landed in India in the 16th Century? This certainly wasn't propagated by the Romans. 

The Saint Thomas Christians in India from 52 to 1687 AD

http://www.srite.de/index?id=2&cikk=84#(72)b

</div>

That's a good point! Saint Thomas' stories are separate from the Roman tradition. This should be considered in the overall structure of what Christianity really is. Is it wise to destroy these stories? I think not!

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

It's time to tear the inner veil and look inside the Holy of Holies!

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Yes, I know this Roman propaganda story. It is interesting. Tearing the inner veil? It's like a screen projecting a false image to contain Christ and control his countenance for profit.

Quote:That's a good point! Saint Thomas' stories are separate from the Roman tradition. This should be considered in the overall structure of what Christianity really is. Is it wise to destroy these stories? I think not!

How about James the Just. His story isn't known as well as it should be either.

James the Just & Salvation via Works

In the first century, two concepts of Christian salvation contended for acceptance by a nascent church. One viewpoint was championed by none other than the official leader of the first century Christian church, James the brother of Jesus. This is the James who was also known to the early church as "the Righteous" or "the Just."

In a short New Testament epistle bearing his name, James asks: "What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but do not have works? Can faith save you? … faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead."

James is clearly writing to refute an alternative viewpoint – expressed by Paul the apostle. In his letter to the Galatians, Paul had declared that: "… we know that a person is justified not by the works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ."

To churches of the 20th and 21st centuries, the debate remains as fresh as it was almost two thousand years ago. Fundamentalist, evangelical Christians typically put their doctrinal eggs in the basket of faith; mainstream churches emphasize works – often in the form of social action.

In the pantheon of Christian nobility, the role of James (and his one little book) today goes virtually unnoticed. Yet his influence at one time pervaded the early Jewish church. Even today, the perspective of James lives on, prompting a more careful look at what we know about the man and his mission. 

http://www.justgivemethetruth.com/james_the_just.htm

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Quote:<div>
That's a good point! Saint Thomas' stories are separate from the Roman tradition. This should be considered in the overall structure of what Christianity really is. Is it wise to destroy these stories? I think not!

<div>Militant attitudes displayed in the Roman version.

Punish the transgressor. 
BURN THE HERETIC!

Ostracizing others for their sins. 
Judging them and banning them from Heaven. 

Is this pseudo-history? 
Who is over writing who? 
</div>

The family of Jesus is not the focus in the new testament.

</div>

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Jesus Christ did exist. The truth may exist inside a dark box. Protected by vaulted walls all around with projectors screening distractions to confuse important issues. Bits of truth are hidden, embedded with logical keys and fallacy symbols. 

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Jesus Really Go to Hell? Magdalena5 4 2,293 12-20-2015, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Magdalena5