Create an account

Benson Honey Farms

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Did Jesus Really Go to Hell?

[Image: Harrowing-of-Hell-1-edit.jpg]

Buried in the middle of the Apostles’ Creed is a profound mystery of the Christian faith, the affirmation that Christ ‘descended into hell.’

This clause explains where Christ in the three days between the crucifixion and the resurrection.

But this explanation raises a storm of questions: Did Jesus really go to hell? How can it be possible for God Incarnate to experience hell, the state of final separation from God? What did Jesus do there? Did He actually experience the everlasting fire that Scripture says is the lot of all those in hell?

Where Jesus went

He went down all the way to the devil himself and shook the foundations of perdition's flame!  How many souls took up the offer that Christ made?  To leave their sins behind and follow Him out of hell.

:dovepeace:

CBD Distillery Quality Products

that's the secret.

the enigma is small.

the riddle is twisty.

the secret within the secret...

that's the biggy.

What Is Meant by the “Harrowing” of Hell?

http://analytictheology.com/2006/12/what...g-of-hell/

I think deep down we all have to go into our own versions of hell.  Learning to control our most negative emotions and playing through the game.  Even when you lose.  Rage can be a problem.  Like in chess.  Keep playing the game to the end.  Don't walk away in a rage after bashing the pieces off the board when you're losing. 

Quote:I think deep down we all have to go into our own versions of hell.  Learning to control our most negative emotions and playing through the game.  Even when you lose.  Rage can be a problem.  Like in chess.  Keep playing the game to the end.  Don't walk away in a rage after bashing the pieces off the board when you're losing. 

Flouncing is good from time to time!   :P

Don't we all go a too far, sometimes, in our competing desires? Controlling positive emotions should also be addressed.  Too much of a good thing?

;)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We Invented Jesus Christ Guest 6 1,898 11-22-2016, 01:18 AM
Last Post: Guest