Create an account

Benson Honey Farms

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Number of Homeschoolers Growing Nationwide

As the dissatisfaction among parents with the U.S. education system grows, so too does the number of homeschoolers in America. Since 1999, the number of children who are being homeschooled has increased by 75%. Although currently the percentage of homeschooled children is only 4% of all school children nationwide, the number of primary school kids whose parents choose to forgo traditional education is growing seven times faster than the number of kids enrolling in K-12 every year.

Despite the growth of homeschooling of late, concerns about the quality of education offered to the kids by their parents persist. But the consistently high placement of homeschooled kids on standardized assessment exams, one of the most celebrated benefits of homeschooling, should be able to put those fears to rest. Homeschooling statistics show that those who are independently educated typically score between the 65th and 89th percentile on such exams, while those attending traditional schools average on the 50th percentile. Furthermore, the achievement gaps, long plaguing school systems around the country, aren’t present in the homeschooling environment. There’s no difference in achievement between sexes, income levels, or race/ethnicity.

http://www.educationnews.org/parenting/n...ationwide/

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

The next generation will have their hands full with all the problems we face today. It's about time quality education is coming back. Too bad the so called 'government' doesn't believe in educating its citizens. They'll be a price to pay when more people realize how much they have been lied to and stolen from.

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Good. Glad to see more people are waking up and seeing how far gone the country is...

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

[Image: 12bd9c9ba77a5cd2962e04f864f1ca49.jpg]

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Quote:The next generation will have their hands full with all the problems we face today. It's about time quality education is coming back. Too bad the so called 'government' doesn't believe in educating its citizens. They'll be a price to pay when more people realize how much they have been lied to and stolen from.

The way the geopolitical landscape is unfolding, I doubt there will be a next generation if people don't slow down and begin to think beyond our current flawed society known as the human condition filled with hate and mendacity. We have the tools to look beyond ourselves and build a future of genius and peace. 

I doubt at any point in World history the planet has been so ignorant. 

I was homeschooled before I went to the garbage they called education back in the 1980s. Today education is paralyzed with agendas of doom and ignorance. I certainly wouldn't let my child learn from some misguided so called educator. 

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Public perception of GMO food: A Nationwide Chinese Consumer Study Jack Straw 0 728 09-07-2021, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Jack Straw