Create an account

CBD Distillery Quality Products

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Interesting Observations Surrounding System Updates & Big Tech Tracking

What's with all the software browser updates?  Or system patches and upgrades to key components of your computer's operating system?

I have personally noticed over the last six months, a very large spike of software and system updates seemingly 2 to 3 times a week these days. This comment is being echoed across many social media platforms as well from a multitude of people. 

It seems browser software in particular is updating every other week with new "updates". I've seen this with Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Microsoft Edge. How nice of all these big tech companies to be so concerned. After all, they are only trying to make life better for us all. And remember, they would never lie, LOL.

The most noticeable effects of these annoying updates are more tracking programs loaded into system startup. These can be removed but it may or may not make some of Big Tech's valuable services fail or not work at all. This happened to me with Google as I was locked out of their online Drive service. Evidently, they didn't appreciate me taking control of my own system and deleting whatever they added.

I have other observations to add shortly, be sure to bookmark this thread if interested. 

[Image: eMUmm5k.jpg]

[Image: t9s1BLT.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like admin's post:
  • Comlink, iwveblah

(01-18-2022, 12:42 AM)Comlink Wrote: Some tricks and tips on setting up operating systems would be cool...

https://communication-breakdown.com/mybb...-solutions

Also, cell phone operating systems...

A good tip for any serious user on any device is to setup automated clearing of any unwanted startup programs and a complete flushing of caches including network footprints and browser temporary files. The cleaning software widely used does not properly remove network footprints and many unwanted startup programs you did not specifically initiate yourself.

A good way to do this is using Crontab for Linux and Mac, Program scheduler for Windows and install a basic Linux kernel on Android based phones to setup a crontab there. There are also Android apps that accomplish the same thing but come with bloatware. For Iphone users I offer no advice as they can shove that human remote control up their collective assholes.

Hope this is helpful (except Apple drones, they can CRAM IT!)

(01-18-2022, 01:45 AM)iwveblah Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 12:42 AM)Comlink Wrote: Some tricks and tips on setting up operating systems would be cool...

https://communication-breakdown.com/mybb...-solutions

Also, cell phone operating systems...

A good tip for any serious user on any device is to setup automated clearing of any unwanted startup programs and a complete flushing of caches including network footprints and browser temporary files. The cleaning software widely used does not properly remove network footprints and many unwanted startup programs you did not specifically initiate yourself.

A good way to do this is using Crontab for Linux and Mac, Program scheduler for Windows and install a basic Linux kernel on Android based phones to setup a crontab there. There are also Android apps that accomplish the same thing but come with bloatware. For Iphone users I offer no advice as they can shove that human remote control up their collective assholes.

Hope this is helpful (except Apple drones, they can CRAM IT!)

Can you run down a basic linux mint install for all us windows for dummy users out there?

Every piece of software these days has to call home.

Microsoft never lived up to any kind of firewall or virus protection software.

Just another cash cow to add on that gives the illusion of privacy.

[Image: 1vkyej9oq6o21.png] Chuckle

Loads of updates on Linux of late especially with Ubuntu. At least they never crash the system but every now and then you have to dick around to get a device to work.

Google Chrome updates are almost every week or so it seems. The tracking is unbelievable now and the browser is slower and slower. I try not to use it as much.

[-]
Quick Reply
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)