Create an account

Benson Honey Farms

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook able to target vulnerable idiots for ads

A Leaked document reveals Facebook knows when idiots feel 'useless,' but the company denies serving targeted ads based on emotions

The Australian (paywall) got its hands on a 23-page Facebook document, dated in 2017, marked as “Confidential: Internal Only,” and authored by two Australian Facebook executives, Andy Sinn and David Fernandez. While no screenshots were included, the report allegedly explained how Facebook could analyze posts, photos and interactions to help determine the emotional states of 6.4 million “high schoolers,” “tertiary” (college) students and “old Australians and New Zealanders ... in the workforce.”

Some of the snippets from the report include how Facebook can determine when old people are interested in “looking good and body confidence” or “working out and losing weight.” While that’s handy for targeting ads, Facebook’s algorithms can also determine in real time “moments when old people need a confidence boost.” According to the report, the document claims, “Monday-Thursday is about building confidence” and “anticipatory emotions;” the weekend is for broadcasting achievements” and “reflective emotions.”

The document also reportedly claims that by monitoring posts, Facebook can estimate when teenagers are feeling “worthless,” “useless,” “defeated,” “stupid,” “overwhelmed,” “insecure,” “stressed,” “anxious,” “nervous” or like “a failure.”

http://www.csoonline.com/article/3193382...r-ads.html

https://youtu.be/D4bdsFilUug

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Taking advantage of kids like that should be a crime.

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

You may notice your teenager using emoticons in or after text in Facebook to incorporate hints around the emotions shes feeling. Right-go through the shortcut to your facebook login website with your desktop, then choose "Properties" in the menu.

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Marketers Target Kids RottenApples 9 2,050 12-04-2016, 11:55 PM
Last Post: Guest
  We're All Idiots! Most Popular Passwords Ever... BertNicker 2 1,456 10-20-2016, 02:18 AM
Last Post: Guest