Create an account

CBD Distillery Quality Products

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Chinese Making A Power Play In Nicaragua With New Canal?

I was speaking with a friend of mine who is an aircraft engineer for a large Chinese company out of Hong Kong and he told me about a huge canal project set to get underway in Nicaragua that will make the Panama canal looks like child's play. This canal shall be wider and deeper than it's predecessor cutting through the Nicaragua Lake with a reported budget of between $40 to $50 billion USD. (See photo below)

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

I recall reading about this at the beginning of 2015 but really didn't think about it until now. One should find it amazing that this ambitious and mammoth project hardly gets any mainstream media coverage. This is a clear indication of what the Chinese are thinking for the future in global water ways. Not to mention, it's implications from a military and strategic perspective. 

If built, this new waterway is expected to rival the Panama Canal in many ways and is reportedly set to have a deadline date of 2020 for completion.

Here's an interesting article on Bloomberg regarding other Chinese projects in Central and South America that might shed more light on this subject:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2...ouldn-t-it

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

It's going to make the Panama Canal minimal. Talk about a huge strategic move. Gonna cost around 50 billion dollars

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Doesn't a Chinese company run the Panama Canal?

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Quote:Doesn't a Chinese company run the Panama Canal?

Panama Canal Authority runs it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama_Canal

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

i wonder what Trump would say about this?

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

:Laughing-rolf:

The same guy, same company!

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Quote:i wonder what Trump would say about this?

I'm sure he's aware of it as it's big money at work. Even he couldn't afford it!

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Quote:I'm sure he's aware of it as it's big money at work. Even he couldn't afford it!

He mentioned how the Chinese and the Japanese are getting the best out of every deal.  That Americans were getting screwed sideways and from above.

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

why don't they say these things in the news? i thought we were supposed to be doing it.  i thought when noriega was screwing up america was going to build more.

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Quote:He mentioned how the Chinese and the Japanese are getting the best out of every deal.  That Americans were getting screwed sideways and from above.

Dig deep enough one begins to see the 'Art of the Deal' in play!

:lock-icon:

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived