Create an account

CBD Distillery Quality Products

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WannaCry malware virus possibly linked to North Korea

May 16 (UPI) -- Cybersecurity researchers said the WannaCry malware virus code is similar to one used by the cybercrime network that struck Sony in 2014, raising speculation the global attack was sponsored by North Korea.

Kaspersky Labs, a cybersecurity firm based in Moscow, said Googleresearcher Neel Mehta first disclosed the similarity in the code from the WannaCry virus and a virus directed by the cybercrime network called the Lazarus Group in February 2015.

The Lazarus Group is implicated in the Sony hack and the 2016 Bangladesh Bank heist in which hackers attempted to steal nearly $1 billion from the central bank of Bangladesh.

Kaspersky Labs said "the scale of the Lazarus operations is shocking."

"Lazarus is operating a malware factory that produces new samples via multiple independent conveyors," Kaspersky Labs said in a statement.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2017/05/16/WannaCry-malware-virus-possibly-linked-to-North-Korea/8861494929248/?utm_source=fp&utm_campaign=ls&utm_medium=3

Benson Honey Farms

It may be originating from North Korea but to be more accurate they are Chinese puppets. China controls all of Asia whether you know it or not. I am well aware of this fact as I live in SEA and I'm American. Follow the money it takes resources to embark on such folly. 

Benson Honey Farms

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US ready to deploy B-52 bombers to South Korea amid escalating crisis with North Korea Guest 1 1,210 09-15-2015, 08:50 PM
Last Post: S.O.B.