Create an account

CBD Distillery Quality Products

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Useful Free Software Updated 2022

Anyone like freeware? Have you ever installed a high end app only to use a few features? If you just need to do a quick task and need a small app to do it in, here's a listing of sites that offer free categorized software for just about anything you want to do.

OldVersion.com
Old-Versions.net
OldApps.com

PortableApps.com
Portable Freeware
The Free Suite

Open Source Mac
Open Source Alternative
The Linux Alternative Project

Linux App Finder
The LiveCD List
OpenWith.org

AfterDawn.com
VideoHelp.com
DistroWatch
Photo-Freeware

Home of the Underdogs (This one is a bit ify, I'll leave it to the mods to decide)

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

If you need a good iPhone app to take quick notes this one works well enough:  abc Notes Lite It's just a notepad type editor. Good for when you're on the go.

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Thanx for the 5 stars! Does it get pinned, too?

Got some links for legally downloading windows vista and 7 recovery discs...

Vista Recovery Disc

Windows 7 Recovery Disc

Wrench

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Quote:Great topic

MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.7 - This one lets you sync up info on your phone with your computer. Makes it easy to backup all your text messages and pics or whatever else you got stashed on your cell.

There is, of course, an old standby just in case you lose your cell phone: Pencil and paper!

Pencil and paper! Aren't you funny.

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Simple edit and playing of video files...

Avidemux, edits video files.
Media Player Classic, plays them.
Media Player Classic -- Home Cinema, another player.

Don't know if they work on windows 10 or not. They do work on windows 7 and below.

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Quote:Simple edit and playing of video files...

Don't know if they work on windows 10 or not. They do work on windows 7 and below.

Those old windows players are pretty good. They do the job. VLC Media Player does it better. No bullshit, includes most of the codecs you'll need to play all the media files on the net. Don't know about Avidemux to edit files. VirtualDUB does the job fairly well, although it's a bit slow.

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

This site offers some pretty good trials and shareware. Some with full version license keys. This is not warez site.

http://www.mostiwant.com/

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Quote:Simple edit and playing of video files...

Wrench
Quote:Those old windows players are pretty good. They do the job. VLC Media Player does it better. No bullshit, includes most of the codecs you'll need to play all the media files on the net. Don't know about Avidemux to edit files. VirtualDUB does the job fairly well, although it's a bit slow.

Great! Video links....here's more:

XMMS - Linux Only. Music player modeled after Winamp

MythTV - Linux Only. Free DVR software that can transform a computer into a home media center.

tvtime - Linux Only. Video capture card software that processes video input and displays it onscreen.

Dia - Linux Only. Diagram creation software inspired by Microsoft Visio.

Mplayer (for Linux) - Video player

Bink Player - Let's you play bink videos (video games often use bink format for movies)

Winamp - Plays MP3 and videos

Switch - This program can switch music file types to other types of music file types.

Audacity - This is a great program for audio recording/editing. Open Source and works on multiple platforms.

massid3lib - Mp3 Tag Tools - Retagging and renaming batches of MP3s

MP3cutter - Cutting up a large MP3 in smaller pieces

HarddiskOgg - Sound recording in MP3, Ogg etc.

Quicktime Alternative - allows your system to play QuickTime movie files (.mov) without having to install the full version of the Quicktime Player. It includes the browser plugins to allow seemless playback of movies within webpages.

FRAPS - can be used with games using DirectX or OpenGL graphic technology for benchmarking, screen capture, and realtime video capture.

K-Lite Codec Pack - contains many different codecs to help with audio and video playback.

Exact Audio Copy - Good audio ripper and can grab any copy protected music CD with amazing quality.

foobar - An advanced audio player for the Windows.

MP3Gain - For normalizing your MP3's (analyzes and adjusts mp3 files so that they have the same volume)

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

The prime purpose of the KatMouse utility is to enhance the functionality of mice with a scroll wheel, offering "universal" scrolling: moving the mouse wheel will scroll the window directly beneath the mouse cursor (not the one with the keyboard focus, which is default on Windows). This is a major increase in the usefullness of the mouse wheel.

Another (optional) feature involves the wheel button. Since the wheel button is not consistently used in Windows, KatMouse can use it for a kind of task switching: with a click of the wheel button you can push a window to the buttom of the stack of windows that is your desktop, making a recovered window the active window.

http://www.ehiti.de/katmouse/

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Thank you for the pin!

Just a few simple utilities...

Revo Uninstaller, uninstalls programs. (Better than the paid version)

CloneSpy, it finds duplicate files and can delete them automatically.

Paint.NET, simple image editor. Photoshop is still best!

ImgBurn, burns bootable discs.

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived