Create an account

Benson Honey Farms

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star War: The Third Gathers - The Backstroke of the West

Video 
‘Revenge of the Sith’ Dubbed With Bootleg Chinese Dialogue Is a Fan-Made Masterpiece

[Image: ep6716lj4b701.jpg]

YouTuber GratefulDeadpool redubbed the entire 2005 film using the mistranslated English-to-Mandarin dialogue.

Entitled Backstroke of the West Highlights Part 1 (Star War: The Third Gathers), the recut features such memorable lines as “I has been hating you,” from the villainous Count Dooku, and “The front is a lemon avenue flying straightly,” spoken by Obi-Wan Kenobi while piloting a careening starship.

Dorkly explains the bizarre translations likely “began with a machine translation of the Chinese script to [Revenge of the Sith], which attempted to literally translate from Mandarin to English, despite the multitude of barriers between the two languages.” The end result was great quips, such as “Smelly boy” from General Grievous to Kenobi and “Your dead period arrived, teacher” from a rebellious Anakin Skywalker during his fateful lightsaber duel with his master on Mustafar.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies...ce-960452/

Backstroke of the West is a bootlegged version of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith that contains hilariously poor Chinese-to-English translated subtitles. This bootleg is most well-known for the line "Do not want," a mistranslation of Darth Vader's widely parodied "Noooooo!" I synced the subtitles and the dub to HD video of Revenge of the Sith. I've also added the pre-garbled English subtitles if you wish to compare this masterpiece to the original dialogue from Episode III. Enjoy!

:D :cool: 

[Image: 0JpuS.gif]

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

:Laugh1:

[Image: lmHPni3.jpg]

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

:GrinNod1: :P :)

[Image: tj4xotprho061.jpg]

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Fan edits are a relatively new phenomena in internet media.. Quite, interesting and highly imaginative stuff...

The bizarre world of fan edits and restorations

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

[quote pid="11241" dateline="1630879562"]
:GrinNod1: :P :)

[Image: tj4xotprho061.jpg]
[/quote]

1rof1b 1rof1b 1rof1b

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

(09-07-2021, 01:18 AM)Ghost4Machina Wrote: Crossovers from all the media forms imaginable. :cool: 

Don't forget about those memes! Huh Confused ;)

[Image: p498gjjy01b21.png]

Chuckle Chuckle Chuckle 

[Image: 8138621.jpg]

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

(09-07-2021, 01:23 AM)Comlink Wrote: :Laugh1:

[Image: Trek4.gif]

Cheers  Chuckle

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76111c29437dba648e1876...=giphy.gif]

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

[Image: darth-vader-changed-to-lord-fener1.jpg]

Did Other Star Wars Characters Get Name Changes?

Other Star Wars characters also had their names changed (for example Jabba the Hutt becomes Jabba le Forestier, Jabba the forester, in French), and of course translating the movie meant translating famous lines like [spoiler alert], “Luke, I am your Father” (as illustrated by the video below).

http://factmyth.com/factoids/darth-vader...n-italian/

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived