Create an account

Benson Honey Farms

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nag Hammadi Codices

Several of the major texts in the Nag Hammadi collection have more than one English translation; where more than one translation is available, we have listed the translators' names in parenthesis below the name of the text. Texts marked with the {*} had more than one version extant within the Nag Hammadi codices; often these several versions were used conjointly by the translators to provide the single translation presented here.

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Consider that these writings were not found until the 1940s.  Only references to these texts were mentioned from religious writings. These translations haven't had 2000 years of changing ideas to represent what was originally written.  Also, consider how much hatred was used to destroy all mention of these texts from the eye of history.  Sort of like ISIS destroying libraries and artifacts so they can re-write history according to their own selfish needs.

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Quote:Yes, the interpretations made from these found texts can be taken in without any pre-concieved or 'programmed information'.  Only from the source.  Good for indiviuduals to perhaps figure out for themselves a much older 'program' that was lost.

Good point!  The Bible, Koran, Talmud, etc.  all have had centuries of translations and concordance.  Changes in language affect meanings having a way of changing perceptions.  The parables and stories in these 'new' writings add to the richness of the religious literature of the past 2000 years.  Perhaps opening the door wider for a deeper understanding of religion and GOD.

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived