Create an account

Benson Honey Farms

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private Economy with Public Magnificence

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 1721. Of Freedom of Speech: That the same is inseparable from publick Liberty. (Gordon)

Sir,

Without freedom of thought, there can be no such thing as wisdom; and no such thing as publick liberty, without freedom of speech: Which is the right of every man, as far as by it he does not hurt and control the right of another; and this is the only check which it ought to suffer, the only bounds which it ought to know.

This sacred privilege is so essential to free government, that the security of property; and the freedom of speech, always go together; and in those wretched countries where a man cannot call his tongue his own, he can scarce call any thing else his own. Whoever would overthrow the liberty of the nation, must begin by subduing the freedom of speech; a thing terrible to publick traitors.

[Image: quote-history-is-replete-with-proofs-fro...315830.jpg]

The administration of government is nothing else, but the attendance of the trustees of the people upon the interest and affairs of the people. And as it is the part and business of the people, for whose sake alone all publick matters are, or ought to be, transacted, to see whether they be well or ill transacted; so it is the interest, and ought to be the ambition, of all honest magistrates, to have their deeds openly examined, and publickly scanned: Only the wicked governors of men dread what is said of them; Audivit Tiberius probra queis lacerabitur, atque perculsus est. The publick censure was true, else he had not felt it bitter.

http://www.nlnrac.org/earlymodern/radica...to-letters

[Image: uY6supE.gif]

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

18th century North Americans read their history avidly and took special interest in the history of Roma. They read these opposition writers with great attention to detail.

Money was the problem in Britian. At home, The Kings authority was limited by the glorious revolution of 1688. Redefining the power a monarch can hold....How to pay for the wars in the colonies. The King did have more power in defining who held his authority. I'm thinking old mad George sold himself into slavery.  The buyers?

The Money Changers....

[Image: 717px-marinus_claesz__van_reymerswaele_001.jpg]

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

The Spirit of Laws

Montesquieu describing the 'natural' orders of mixed government. Minimizing any group dominating the others. 

The Monarch
Noble Patriarchs or the aristocracy
The People

Sounds familiar...The ideas presented by John Locke are still in the core value of this framework.

[Image: john-locke-15-728.jpg?cb=1245156930]

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

The People - The other side of history: Unknown men and women who drive the nation forward. The soldiers, the laborers, the slaves, criminals and all the living life styles and religions inherent upon them all from above...

Pilgrims and refugees....sent out to colonize and spread the threads forward. Intravenous in its artificial nature; designed to siphon the treasure back to the greedy source of despotic control. What is this treasure spent on? More wars, more controversy, more theatre to bring us all to the mouth of Chronos!

Beware the destruction of Praxis!

[Image: stid_praxis.jpg]

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

:catpiano:

[Image: four-lolcats-of-the-apocalypse.jpg]

:musik:

;)

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Praxis???

[Image: Public_schools_struggle_as_private_secto...r_2015.jpg]

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Fear is in the way.  

Look at L.A.

Resources to promote home schooling would go a long way to mitigate any fear associated with these powerful injections of media controlled ideologies! What is this fanatical frenzy doing these old minds? What kind of fear and fantasy will they face 25 years from now?

Not to mention the values of consumerism and what that contains.  Economical Values?  King George III was driven to madness and destruction from the debt incurred upon his subjects and then himself. 

Provide the keys to self sufficiency!

Thomas is a Paine in the ass!

;)

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Quote: 

Fear is in the way.  

Look at L.A.

Resources to promote home schooling would go a long way to mitigate any fear associated with these powerful injections of media controlled ideologies! What is this fanatical frenzy doing these old minds? What kind of fear and fantasy will they face 25 years from now?

Not to mention the values of consumerism and what that contains.  Economical Values?  King George III was driven to madness and destruction from the debt incurred upon his subjects and then himself. 

Provide the keys to self sufficiency!

Thomas is a Paine in the ass!

;)

That's a good point! The Madness of King George the III.  How much of the total national economy was devoted to fighting the wars during his reign? How many of his subjects, at home, became indentured and sent to the colonies? Seems as if his subjects were treated like currency to serve a wider, more wicked purpose than that of the Monarch. Who's soul authority is supposed to be divinely inspired to serve the well being of everyone, as best as possible. All well and good, the British constitution. Only, it became infiltrated by those who quantify everything. Who holds their covenant of the 'divine'?

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Writs of Assistance

Writs of assistance were court orders that authorized customs officers to conduct general (non-specific) searches of premises for contraband. The exact nature of the materials being sought did not have to be detailed, nor did their locations.

The writs were one of a list of grievances that the Americans harbored against the Crown and contributed to the process of changing loyal colonists into advocates for independence.

http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1205.html

James Otis argued against these writs of assistance. The merchants hired him as their lawyer to defend against the search and seizure of their vessels. They were, after all, smugglers. They knew it and Otis represented their interests against seizure warrants. This is a great spark in the revolutionary process that followed.

How does this change our understanding of the American Revolution? Essentially, the merchants were breaking the transporation laws and smuggling goods without paying duties. Pirates hacking the system! They were fighting the bigger pirates - King Georgies cronies: The madmen who solicited contracts with the moneylenders and commericial enterprises

:puppetearth:

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

The case was heard in February and Otis, in the fashion of the day, delivered an eloquent five-hour argument in which he maintained that the writs were a violation of the colonists’ natural rights and that any act of Parliament that abrogated those rights was null and void. He stated in part:

A man’s house is his castle; and whilst he is quiet, he is as well guarded as a prince in his castle. This writ, if it should be declared legal, would totally annihilate this privilege. Custom-house officers may enter our houses when they please; we are commanded to permit their entry. Their menial servants may enter, may break locks, bars, and everything in their way; and whether they break through malice or revenge, no man, no court may inquire.

In attendance at court that day was a old attorney, John Adams, who would later cite this moment as the first scene in the first act of resistance to oppressive British policies.

http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1204.html

Of Otis, John Adams wrote, "In short, I never saw such an object of admiration, reverence, contempt, and compassion, all at once, as this. I fear, I tremble, I mourn, for the man and his country; many others mourn over him, with tears in their eyes." Poor Otis!

[Image: be06d49e8fd757c02be57dd3f0a96bcc.jpg]

In May, 1782, Otis was killed after being struck by a bolt of lightning.

:lightning2:

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived