Create an account

CBD Distillery Quality Products

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yard sale regulations on the rise

In the down economy, the beloved American pastime of unloading crap in your front yard or driveway has become increasingly popular. And so have local laws regulating garage sales of the 'extreme' variety.

To be clear, yard sale crackdowns exist mainly to curb those of the “extreme” variety, i.e. disruptive, rubberneck-inducing roadside retail operations that are held every weekend and involve multiple junked cars, large appliances, and ungodly amounts of crap ... we're not necessarily talking about a couple of card tables set out on a Sunday afternoon that have been topped with the remnants of a seasonal closet cleanout. That’s totally understandable — I wouldn’t want to live next door to a perma yard sale. But still, in many areas of the country where garage sale limits, permits, rules, and fees are being imposed, it doesn’t really matter if you’re unloading a washer and dryer set or a box of old baby clothes. 

http://www.mnn.com/your-home/at-home/blo...n-the-rise

Benson Honey Farms

Ever hear of craigslist?

Benson Honey Farms

Quote:Ever hear of craigslist?

:cool:

Woman advertises yard sale on Craigslist to sell her 'cheating' husband's things while he was away with his 'floozie'

[Image: article-2293156-18A78627000005DC-647_634x257.jpg]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...oozie.html

:happy:

Benson Honey Farms

[Image: 1114.jpg]

Benson Honey Farms

That is a bummer. 25 years ago all one had to do to sell their crap was put up advertisements a week before and set it up early Saturday morning. Sometimes 3 or 4 neighbors would get together and make a block sale. All without permits of any kind. I can understand the parking and traffic problems. But charging a fee for yard sales hasn't done anything to alleviate that excuse. 

Benson Honey Farms