Create an account

Benson Honey Farms

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"If you build it, he will come

When the morning comes and I wake I like to ride around the neighborhood for exercise and maybe run an errand or two to pick up a few things at the local mom and pop shop. It helps to clear my mind, breathe in the fresh air, and feel the life within.

Today, while riding through the park I saw a father playing catch with his son on the diamond. It got me thinking....oh, no....here it comes....that thinking thing again. Doing the positive things for myself takes practice. Sometimes, it's a hard thing to do. Shepardising my own thoughts takes time and patience. Working inward to bring it out in the light to look at it in all its ugly glory. Sometimes, what one sees inside is very ugly indeed and very hard to fix. 

But, the positive things cannot be ignored. Seeing the positive is cause for growth, too. Seeing is one thing, understanding is another....that takes practice.

A smile here, a wave to policeman in the park, a word of concern and encouragement to a stranger or two. It's a start for a good day and hoping for best for myself as well as others.....

It's the simple things, like playing catch with the old man that gives us the spirit of love and understanding.

'If You Build It, They Will Come' Ecclesiology

Actual quote: "If you build it, he will come" from Field of Dreams.

Possibly a confusion of the Wayne's World 2 quote "If you book them, they will come." Said by the spirit of Jim Morrison.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/List_of_misquotations

In our ongoing analysis of The Coming Evangelical Collapse we must inevitably examine what I call the “new ecclesiology” or doctrine of the church. I say new because there has been a shift in how we understand and define the church, so much so that the institution itself is being redesigned and much of its life reoriented.

Given the massive numbers of people that this model attracts, there is the practical requirement for countless volunteers just to manage operations. Add to this the need for hundreds of Bible study leaders, Sunday school teachers, and children’s workers, and standards begin to drop in order to fill practical needs. Business models and strategies are emphasized over and against theological depth. I have sat in such churches, attended Bible study classes only to be shocked by the ignorance of those teaching. Many are completely ignorant of church history and the most basic theological terms and concepts and those responsible for providing oversight and guidance are mostly unaware of what is missing. It is often the blind leading the blind.

Read more at 

http://www.christianpost.com/news/if-you...ogy-38699/

Do these attitudes help contribute to 'selfie' society? Possibly increasing negative narcissistic behavior?

Something to meditate on ........... 

I miss playing catch!

Do you miss it too?

[Image: TODDLER%2BAND%2BDOLPHIN%2BPLAYING%2BCATCH.gif]

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

[Image: a84dbdea98de192450179ed2a79cc338.jpg]

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Quote: 

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736...9cc338.jpg

:ty:  :happy:

[Image: 8bd6e67c2f63c89c6b4d5c502999d635.jpg]

:laugh:

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

https://youtu.be/KUwjNBjqR-c

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Quote: :ty:  :happy:

[Image: 8bd6e67c2f63c89c6b4d5c502999d635.jpg]

:laugh:

Be calm, keep it clean, and keep it simple...

[Image: squirrel.gif]

Try not to get too dizzy!

:Grin_Jump3:

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Quote:But, the positive things cannot be ignored. Seeing the positive is cause for growth, too. Seeing is one thing, understanding is another....that takes practice.

Practicing the positive side. I like that. Good post. Too much negative in the world today!

[Image: 5e4444b70af826275b84439e87a52938.jpg]

The trick is not to play catch with yourself too much. Judge the pros and cons. Be aware of the price as best you can. Then decide! 

[Image: tumblr_l6xjk073AJ1qzoufpo1_500.gif]

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

[Image: didntbuildfield.jpeg]

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Quote:Yes, you're right! There is much I didn't build.

[Image: s-26452.jpg]

Who is above God, Mr. President? Has the artificial god so veiled your eyes to the unknowable, unseen, and infinite God of all things? Including the pretender who builds artifices of complete demagoguery to keep the mud and straw occupied.

But, I can build myself. In the end it's up to me to do that hard work. It isn't easy. Considering all that was built before seems to be designed to break my spirit into little pieces to be recycled and consumed by TPTB. I believe God gave me the inner know how to do this....

[Image: 76a3d1c4c5bd17ada0f3de63fda1ff23.jpg]

Nice thread, OP. I, too, miss the days when playing catch was the best thing on earth.

:ty:

Blasphemy! Christ is no pretender.

:Fight:

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Quote:Ah! Let me be clear.........

I never said he was. Christ teaches us about God the Father. He is the Son. Not even he knows the complete will of God. Doesn't the bible imply this when Christ said that even he didn't know the exact end of days.

I'm saying I'm just a man. Given talents by God to build and increase that which HE gave me. Not the government, not society, and certainly not the pretender who disguises himself as Christ!

But the structures built my man all have the same basic framework. A few at the top who control all the power, resources, and knowledge and live like living gods on earth lording over everything. They can because of powerful ideas associated with divine right and authority. Whatever religion, whatever kind of government, it doesn't matter. Controlled reality from those who live above the law. They have perpetuated these ponzi schemes for countless generations. 

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Build a Moon Base in Four Easy Steps BertNicker 6 1,354 06-21-2016, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Guest