Create an account

Benson Honey Farms

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talents or Gold

The Parable of the Talents

https://bible.org/seriespage/27-parable-...ke-1912-28

Recently I've begun to look at this parable because I've come across a point made by others as to whether the correct word is used in the story. Talents or gold! Some versions of it state gold. I know a talent has a definition of weight attached to it. But, my thought came from another definition of talent: the natural aptitudes we all have as human beings.

Language changes throughout the translation process. Ideas morph into certain behaviors associated with the the text. All the different versions in translation (from the older ones to the new) seem to state different meanings through time. A morass of legalese has crept into all facets of society. Consider how definitions and words can change over time to preach and teach a new view or philosophy forward. 

Why is gold stressed more in the modern versions of the bible. How many different versions in any language are there. I've seen bibles where whole passages have been changed to suit agendas. Words changed, missing verses, all kinds of rhetorical trickery. Veiling the true deeper aspects of what the bible has to offer.

Benson Honey Farms

Looking at the word talent gives the passage a deeper inner sense of meaning. Where as gold gives it a more material sense. Yes, it's practical and is important. It doesn't matter how much talent the master leaves the servant. It's a matter of increasing these talents to better serve the master. Not bury it and get nothing from it. This works for gold too. 

I have a question...

What does the master do with his talents when he receives them back upon his return?

That's another aspect of the story that is concerning. The master and slave relationship. By historical standards that relationship within societies never really seems to be a good one. How many masters through time have increased there own households including all their slaves.

Benson Honey Farms

Suppose you get some fool servant who receives an abundance of 'talent' and goes out and increases it by treachery, lies, and conspiracy?  Will the master be happy at the increase? 

[Image: tumblr_mi6gle8IvZ1s3749jo1_500.gif]

Benson Honey Farms

Quote: 

<div>Suppose you get some fool servant who receives an abundance of 'talent' and goes out and increases it by treachery, lies, and conspiracy?  Will the master be happy at the increase? 

[Image: tumblr_mi6gle8IvZ1s3749jo1_500.gif]

</div>

:devil:

We're all slaves. Some just have bigger and better cages than others.

Everybody wants some!

https://youtu.be/4bZmGtaqP68

[Image: tumblr_mkhmtb0idq1s0uuv7o6_r1_250.gif]

Benson Honey Farms

The legalese aspect is interesting. Shepherdizing back leads one to the 13th century. A time when the study of  'Law and Order' became prevalent in the western course of culture. A historical timeline of the philosophies of law from that time seems to be a direct root in how our modern philosophies control our thinking today. Still has that sense of medieval ball and chain hanging over necks. Only they're hidden within. Carried around like Marley in the old story about Scrooge.

Benson Honey Farms

Who cares?  It's not like anyone who reads the bible will ever tell the truth. 

ISIS is your savior.  Priest are only needed to convince people that the police are good for something.  What that something is, I have no idea, but people love priests who lie for some reason. 

It's a never ending circle of lies since money and blah blah blah womens equality, or some other BS.  Again, who cares, just lie for money.  Jesus died for that right. A men.

Benson Honey Farms

Quote:Who cares?  It's not like anyone who reads the bible will ever tell the truth. 

ISIS is your savior.  Priest are only needed to convince people that the police are good for something.  What that something is, I have no idea, but people love priests who lie for some reason. 

It's a never ending circle of lies since money and blah blah blah womens equality, or some other BS.  Again, who cares, just lie for money.  Jesus died for that right. A men.

ISIS is my savior? Bullshit. Same kind of control freak crap only more extreme. Killing in the name of God. What kind of blasphemy is that? ISIS is just another group that wants to control their own nest of mice and rats. Using there big guns to do it with. Their profit of talents only come from the vice they claim to hate.

Priests, Imams, cleric's of any sort all use religion to further their own institutions.

Benson Honey Farms