Create an account

CBD Distillery Quality Products

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is history getting to be such a taboo subject?

Now, academic history — the stuff argued over in portentously-titled tomes from micro-presses — may well turn on one or two facts unearthed from dusty archives.  And things “everybody knows” in the biz** are routinely challenged and disproven (that’s one of the ways you get tenure).  But that’s not particularly useful for our purposes.

I’ll give you an example.  I’ve been arguing in these pages that the 2016 campaign has been a weird mishmash of the 1852 and 1856 presidential elections, with Donald Trump in the John C. Fremont role.  I claim national defense (= borders + Muzzies) now is equivalent to slavery back then — the only thing ordinary people wanted to talk about, and the one thing both political parties wouldn’t talk about under torture.  I say Trump is Fremont because both Trump and Fremont, are, quite frankly, lunatics — but they’re straight-talking lunatics who won’t shut up about the one issue the public actually wants to hear, and who promise action.

http://www.rottenchestnuts.com/category/...-academia/

Found that article to be interesting.  Why is history getting to be such a taboo subject?

:bats-in-graveyard:

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Why is history taboo?

People might start asking questions.... 

Isn't it better for a society to work than to think and know themselves?

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Quote:By the article I would think that prejudice is pushed by the media to inflame the ratings for profit. Real history would tell us that it really doesn't matter what race or religion you are. Perhaps it has something to do with envy:

http://forum.chickensomething.com/index....rs/?p=3849

Fake news

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived

Quote:Why is history taboo?

People might start asking questions.... 

Isn't it better for a society to work than to think and know themselves?

Maybe because after a while people who study history see a common framework of social power at work. Empires come and go, all different types, all different styles, but they always have an elite at the top dictating the rules to everyone within their influence. Today this framework is almost surrounding the whole world. One influence above the economic matrix. . . .

[Image: the-mr-smith-effect-in-the-movie-the-mat...626081.png]

My Pillow 2 Has Arrived